Tuesday, March 23, 2010

.old treasure

My crafty projects has started years ago. In high school, me and Celly, my dearest neighbor, were selling frames that were made from recycled papers. Our friends loved it and there were no stocks left. Then we also created blank cards that could be used for any occasions. My little sister also loves craft. She took 'Membatik' as her extra-curricular activity when she was in high school. The next year she learnt Pergamano. Not to forget that my mom used to make dolls from scratch. I wonder how she did that. I think creative blood runs in my family.

Apparently my mom still keeps all the scraps and craft supplies that were long forgotten. Last week she brought that big box to my house and handed me down her sewing machine. I felt like a child opening her Christmas presents when I took out each item one by one from the box.

the box
fabrics

recycled papers

buttons

my favorite buttons

sponge sticks - bought in Japan and until now we still don't know how to use this

potpourri, seeds and grains

ribbons

embellishments

*mom is the best

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've no idea that u have a blog??
featured my pergamano craft, won't u?? i uploaded it in my fb..
too bad all the batik ended up as "kaen topo" at our home *sob2*

anastasia said...

hai, ini siapa ya? hehe. no name nih, cuma tertulis anonymous ;)