Wednesday, August 11, 2010

.the first attempt

Weeks ago, mom handed me her old sewing machine. Still in a very good condition, but too bad she hardly remember how to use it. So I started to google a sewing teacher but no luck until now (any reference, anyone?).

At the same time, my camera case was broken and I got some tutorials on how to make one - using machine, of course. But I couldn't wait until I found a sewing teacher so I decided to hand sew the case. It turned out quite nice for a first attempt ;) The hardest part was sewing the velcro.

*must admit this is kinda addictive

2 comments:

Citra said...

I learn to sew by myself too..
I don't have enough time to take a sewing course, or anything...
Free tutorials spread on the internet are really helpful, just keep googling & googling

I'm really glad that your first project turns out to be great

Sewing is really really addictive
be careful and take care :D
always use an eyecream or you'll get a lot of bumps on your eyes *just like me :D

btw, i found the heavy fusible interfacing on the local sewing supplies store in my neighbourhood, just ask them that you want a "viselin" that have an adhessive (glue) on one side

anastasia said...

yes, i just need to figure out how to operate the machine *totally blank*

thanks for the info on viselin ;)

btw, i already replied your first comment. sorry it's so late

nice to know you