Monday, February 23, 2009

.a brand new day

So, this brand new day started when Josh was born on Sunday, 25 January 2009. A very healthy baby boy (3.2kg and 51cm) that we named Joshua Xaverio Irawan. Joshua means “the Lord is salvation.” While Xaverio means “stern, serious.”

Ow, crap, honestly, the idea behind the name was Joshua Jackson, Josh Duhamel, Josh Hartnett, Josh Groban... Ring a bell?

This is the story.

Saturday, 24 January 2009
8.00: Stain on my undie! Straight to the doctor, we went.

11.00: Oops, I was 2cm dialated, so the doctor told us to go for CTG checking. Baby's heartbeat is good but the contractions were still weak.

Bad news: my doctor would be on leave tomorrow and the day after. He offered to induce me so I could give birth today with him. But we decided to go home and wait for the signs to come naturally.

13.30: Lunch at Chatterbox, La Piazza. I started to feel the contractions. Didn't hurt but annoying.

18.00: After a short nap, we went out for dinner at Vietopia, Cikini.

20.00: It was the most uncomfortable dinner I ever had! Exactly the moment we sat until we paid, I felt some strong contractions. I didn't enjoy the meal at all. Then we went back to the hospital.

23.00: Hospital: Baby's heartbeat was still good, contractions were getting stronger but I was still 2.5cm dialated. My ob-gyn already left for holiday *damn you* so the other doctor asked me to stay at the hospital. But I thought it'd be much more comfortable at home, so we left.

Sunday, 25 January 2009
00.00: For the very first time, I couldn’t sleep at all! The pain was excruciating. It was so intense that although I tried so many positions to sleep, I still couldn't close my eyes.

8.00: I couldn't take this pain anymore. After a quick preparation, we went to the hospital. Sorry, no shower - I could barely stand. Yeepee, 6cm dialation!

11.00: Damnit. 3 hours and still 7cm dialated?! The nurse was still trying to offer me to getting induced, but no, thank you. I was scared of any injections.

12.00: Yeah, right. I was forced to eat. I wasn't in the mood for eating *of course!*. But I knew I'd need some energy when the time comes.

13.00: Another nurse offered me to getting induced because I was still only 7cm dialated. And yes, another no from me.

14.00: Suddenly they put oxygen pipe under my nose. They said that they're worried the baby didn't get enough oxygen supply because the contractions were getting stronger but I was still 7cm dialated. Okay, I was scared then.

14.30: Without thinking any further, I said yes when, once again, they offered me to getting induced. I was so worried about my baby. Before they did that, they checked my dialation once again, and surprise, my water broke. And there I was, 10cm dialated.

15.00: The doctor came and they started to teach me how to push it. Thankfully the doctor and nurses were so nice, I was so confident. Plus, hubby was also there. Thanks for being IN there, darling!

15.29: My little prince was born! He cried instantly, so loud and powerful. I feel so releived and soooo in love. It was really a miracle. Thank you, God. The pain was so painless then. This was truly a blessing.

*hey, i'm a mom!!!

No comments: